Using Hypno with OBS

Thanks for your reply. I have continued to research this issue over the weekend. I can conclude that something is acting erratically and inconsistently (and I don’t know what it is!). NDI Tools Video Monitor (for Mac) does not show Hypno’s output at all (even though it is shown as a source).

I have used NDI Virtual input, NDI Syphon, and OBS to visualize and record Hypno’s video output. I can see and record the output when I get it to show up on OBS, which is not consistent despite following the exact same sequence of selections.

I have tried these sequences:
Sequence 1:

1. Start NDI Virtual Output, select “Hypno (main)” on the sources
  2. Start OBS (Hypno (main) selected on Sources

This will occasionally work (about 30% of the time!!)

Sequence 2:

1. NDI Virtual Input (sources Hypno (main)
  2. OBS (sometimes it doesn’t show Hypno’s video output), so I go onto 3.
  3. NDI Syphon, select NDI Virtual Input on NDI Clients box). Here Hypno’s video will come on about 15% of the time…When it doesn’t , I go to 4
  4. Restart OBS… and this will do it ~10% of the time!

Other sequences that work intermittently:
Sequence 3:

1. Start NDI Syphon, Select Hypno (main) under NDI Clients box
  2. Start NDI Virtual Input with Hypno (main) as the source
  3. Start OBS. This sequence works ~10% of the time.

I cannot figure out why it is so inconsistent to get Hypno’s video showing on OBS for recording. Any ideas? I would like to get a reliable start-up sequence I can use consistently…

Thank you.

How are you powering Hypno? If you are only using the front USB port the power it from your laptop, try powering it separately from the side USB port with a wall adapter. Make sure adapter is capable of delivering at least 1A. Also try another USB cable. Avoid using any hubs, adapters, etc to connect Hypno to your laptop.

I did some googling about the M1 Macs and it seems that many users are having issues with NDI, so it would be worthwhile to test this on another computer if none of the above helps.

OBS 27 installed / latest ndi plugin installed / everything has already been uninstalled / reinstalled / Windows firewall switched off / Hypno plugged into several USB ports installed I have Windows 10 Home. unfortunately I never found the source in OBS. what am I doing wrong?

Are you able to view Hypno in the NDI Tools Monitor?

Did you install the NDI Plugin for OBS?

Yes, I installed the plug in, I can also select the NDI source in OBS, but I cannot find or see the Hypno Sleepy source.

How do I find the NDI Monitor in OBS?

Instructions for setting up your NDI Tools and OBS with Hypno can be found in this thread