Post Your Hypno Jams!

Moog Subharmonicon & DFAM jam, fed to Hypno with a 4ms Percussion Interface. Video recorded with a Zoom Q2n-4K and mixed with a Roland V-1HD.

Oscillator 1 is blue, 2 is red, and I’m on the pink feedback mode, zoomed in and with both oscillators in fractal motion. I found this spot that creates almost a tie dye like effect which is very appealing, and thought I’d put a beat to it.

4 Likes

My first proper (ie, somewhat deliberate) bit of Hypno patching after an initial bit of experimenting to help me understand the controls and connectivity.

Still learning the ropes but having a lot of fun and being continually surprised and impressed at this device.

3 Likes

Slowly getting the hang of this. Here’s an attempt at a CV-reactive Hypno patch built from a jam I was having on my Teletype-centered eurorack system.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cd3JtGPBbC3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

3 Likes

How are you finding using cv to modulate …?
For me slow lfo make everything judder , I’m getting on better using logos from digitone that my eurorack … and best of all just using the Hypnos internal modulation seems best for the stuff I like it doing

I’ve been using CV envelopes and LFOs from eurorack into Hypno and it has been working well. I had to be a little careful to attenuate the CV so that it didn’t hit the top and bottom of the Hypno’s range when the incoming CV was added to the offset from the Hypno’s knobs, but that an issue with any kind of CV modulation.

I haven’t tried really slow LFOs going into Hypno though. Next time I’m using it I’ll try some and see whether I experience any stuttering too.

1 Like

Very slow CVs are indeed steppy due to the limited resolution of the analog converter on the Hypno, this is why we recommend using the internal modulations when very slow modulations are desired.

(also lets keep this thread on topic please there are a number of other threads on the forum such as this one referring to this topic, this is meant to be a place to share your videos).

2 Likes

Got my DIY kit together this week, checking out that sloooow modulation and feedback

5 Likes

I made these retro looking visuals with the Hypno DIY :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Not sure if I am sharing this correctly but I wanted to share some of my A/V jams with all you Hypnotics.
This video was sourced from a 1983 Butoh performance by Sankai Juku inside the Battersea Power Plant which was broadcast on a Channel 4 art video magazine called “Alter Image”. Quick fact… Battersea Power Station is the same power station featured on the cover of Pink Floyd’s “Animals”. I kept the original graphics from the show as a reference to the source. The video was processed using a data moshing technique to remove key frames and corrupt the image data at specific points. Then I used some images from the video as initial and reference images through a Vqgan+Clip neural network video generator. I blended the two together in After Effects and did the final processing through the Sleepy Circuits Hypno video synthesizer. Also a LFO from the Hydrasynth was used to modulate the “gain” parameter on the Hypno Video Synth.
Mwa Deeb:::Power Plant ~ Polyend Tracker, ASM Hydrasynth, Bastl Thyme Delay, Sleepy Circuits Hypno

5 Likes

Spent my first week with Hypno generating visuals for an album of improvised/ambient tracks that I recently made. Excited to dive into the extra dimensionality of the live input now. Cheers!

3 Likes

Using several CV inputs from this cross-modulated chaotic patch

2 Likes

Newer Hypno owner here. I’m enjoying it very much. Here’s some early creations of mine. I’m using both various eurorack and my DAW via an Expert Sleepers ES-8 to control Hypno. The first track here also is compositing several layers of Hypno via keying.

2 Likes

Couple more (only 2 allowed per post???)

1 Like

Did this video all in Hypno with self modulation and midi tracks from Reaper in the same project with the audio.

1 Like

Found a colony of triangle fish, went pretty deep into it!

4 Likes

New Hypno owner and finally got everything set up: USB thumb drive & webcam working, CV inputs from the TR-8S and Hydrasynth, and MIDI control via the Digitone Keys. Took a short demo video to show off the starting point of my new visual setup.

1 Like

Just played a show and debut’d my visual setup based on the Hypno. The HDMI out is being split to three outputs: a TV, the project that is facing me, and a small display so I can monitor the feed. I had 2-3 presets for every song I played, had CV LFOs and triggers jacked into it, and tried to do some live jamming with it on top of my tunes as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWBZLAhzX0Y

2 Likes

I recently landed a radio show to play some improv techno on, so I’ll be focusing more on my audio stuff throughout this winter. In the meantime, I wanted to record the patches I currently have on my current setup before I begin to rewrite everything.

1 Like

I would love to post some jams but the files are enormous and I can’t figure out how to make them smaller without shrinking the screen size to the point that you can’t see anything.

I’m recording into OBS and processing with Final Cut Pro and Handbrake. This works well for chopping up short samples for Hypno work but a 3 minute video for distribution comes out around 100gb.

How are you getting 100gb files ? That’s insane …
I record to obs , and take down in hand break … even some of my longer vids are less than a gig …
At what stage are the files becoming some big ?
I’m not]familiar with finalcut .

1 Like