Video Challenges!

It’s too late isnt it?? I was up the walls last two days…shiett

1 Like

Sorry bud. :frowning: Next time!

Not a bother man… il post it up when I can anyway for the laugh. I tried to put it together last minute but had major technical issues…next time, for sure, nice one!

2 Likes

And the winner is…

technomancerjesus!

congrats!

5 Likes

Overview:

The Vernal Equinox just passed us-by on March 20. The northern hemisphere has begun tilting toward the sun. This is the Vernal Equinox Challenge. We want to see you hold a techno-ritualistic ceremony with your Hypno in honor of this momentous astronomical occasion. Post your submission on Instagram with the #hypnoequinox and @sleepycircuits. Our judges will pick the submission that is most spiritually moving. The prize will be a glorious and exclusive Sleepy Circuits tee-shirt!

9d7396e24bf9bf497851e8792f48e0ec6f4fe3ff_2_345x194

Rules:

• To enter, post an original video on Instagram with the hashtag #hypnoequinox and tag @sleepycircuits
  • For those who are Instagram adverse, we welcome submissions posted in this thread as an alternative
  • Sound or silence is welcome
  • One submission per person
  • Submissions will be closed on April 5, 2021 at 1pm, Eastern Time (USA)

Feel free to use this thread to post questions, spark conversation or share your submission.

3 Likes

And the winner is… @64.70.6c.61.62.72.69.65.41.56!

3 Likes

Overview:
Here at Sleepy Circuits, we love the music of Primary Mystical Experience. We use his music in 90% of our videos and we just can’t get enough. We would like to share the love and give away his new mixtape - Splash Around.

Splash around is an inspiring and fresh take on hiphop that simultaneously expertly weaves its way in and out of several other genres. It is superb and we highly recommend you check it out! Or, submit to this challenge to win a signed copy of the beautiful cassette tape (in addition to a high-quality digital download and a Sleepy t-shirt).

Rules:

• To enter, post an original SPLASHY video on Instagram with #splashyhypno and @sleepycircuits
  • Your submission should be inspired by the music, concept and/or album art of Splash Around
  • For those who are Instagram adverse, we welcome submissions posted in this thread as an alternative
  • Submissions will be closed on May 31, 2021 at 1pm, Eastern Time (USA)

Feel free to use this thread to post questions, spark conversation or share your submission.

3 Likes

And the winner is… @musik!

(Full version on YouTube)

3 Likes

Overview:

Introducing the Video Pack Challenge! Download a free or paid video pack off the Sleepy Site and process it through the Hypno for a chance to win a Syntonie CBV001! The winner with the best processed visual will gain even more processing power with this amazing circuit bent Eurorack module! See rules below.

Rules:

• To enter, post an original video on Instagram with #InHypno and @SleepyCircuits
  • Your submission must include a clip from any Sleepy Video Pack processed through the Hypno video input
  • Make sure to follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our Youtube channel
  • Submissions will be closed on August 9, 2021 at 1pm, Eastern Time (USA)

5 Likes

I do not instagraph or gram, either. Have a you’s toob instead:

I used the city birds pack; at one point you’ll catch a glimpse of a birb or twelve.

Messing with a “Talking Drum” preset on my Roland hand drum, sequenced with an Arturia BSP. Tempo sent to my Subharmonicon, and the sequence on that machine sent to some other stuff… and into Hypno.

I keep trying to take something “longer exposure” sort of, but it winds up meandering and being fun to turn knobs as only modular can, not necessarily for audience, and it loses the focus on what I’m trying to do (which is submit to video challenge)…

3 Likes

Submission to the comp, want to share here as well as a log and place for feedback + questions from the community!

https://youtu.be/nbtwFbDyqC4

*not sure how to embed videos in the forum post!

Got the hypno a few days ago, and instant satisfaction. After a couple days of noodling, wanted to try and get something together for the video comp pack. Here I am using the Refraction pack on input 1 and square shape on input 2.

Using ableton + roland UM-one to send a ton of midi CC automation at the hypno, and its handled it super well! Also using ES8 to send CV directly over for kick to shape. Tribute to an influence of mine (DR DERG), where the audio is sauce from. Couple glitches in the video recording, but overall happy with the ouput, and how user friendly the hypno is!

7 Likes

posting here for the non-insta folk.

a simple 3 stage piece: trails, fractals, painting feedback.

6 Likes

Great submissions so far everybody! Just a friendly reminder for those who have not submitted yet, entries are due by Monday, August 9, 2021 at 1pm, Eastern Time on here or on Instagram. Have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Hey sleepy-heads, my video was too long for IG. Loving the hypno, and seeing everyone’s work. Here’s my contribution to the contest. This is a bunch of super8mm footage I shot, layered with video packs “de-synced” and “moving inward” ran through the hypno 3 times. https://youtu.be/cntpsu5Vyms

3 Likes

Oh, I did the music here too. I should have mentioned that above.

2 Likes

Damn y’all this is the sickest video challenge yet! Great work all around, lots of great AV patches.

5 Likes

Y’all made it very difficult for us, but we finally chose a winner – @thebadtable

5 Likes