Mezzz Audio Reactivity Live Setup?

hello! i’m trying to figure out how i can achieve a live visuals setup using mezzz and vidOS…

here’s where i’m at-

option 1:

• send my entire audio mix out of my mixer (can split this in any way needed to get it to vidOS along with my sound system) using a standard audio jack of any type hooked up to whatever hardware is needed
  • somehow get the audio signal into an iOS device (iphone, ipad, old ipod touch… maybe isn’t powerful enough to run vidOS i’m guessing?) so the audio can affect the visuals in vidOS
  • get the visuals from vidOS as an output to an hdmi cable which i will then run to my hdmi splitter/hub and throw out to various external screens and video projectors

option 1 questions:

• what hardware or adapters would i need to run an audio signal into an iOS device?
  • how do i get the visuals from the iOS device to an hdmi cable?
  • how do you do both of these things at the same time if there’s only one usb-c port on the iOS device?
  • does mezzz/vidOS ship with any preset visuals out of the box that i can just add audio reactivity to? trying to find a plug n play solution to live visuals as much as possible, honestly don’t really care about making my own visuals at this point, i just really really want the visuals synced up to the live sound

option 2:

• instead of sending my entire mix out of my mixer, only send audio from the teenage engineering op-1f or op-z directly into an iOS device (iphone or ipad) using a usb-c to usb-c cable

option 2 questions:

• same as option 1… if there’s only 1 usb-c port on the iOS device, how to get audio in and video out?

thank you so much for any answers you maybe be able to give!

Hi there, welcome.

First off, you’ll need an adequate ios or apple silicon device. Pretty much any ipad, iphone or macbook after 2021 will do. Devices with the M2 chipset are proving to run very well.

Once you’ve got that out of the way and downloaded, you can pick up any sort of usb-c hub, that takes in extra usb’s for direct usb audio, and has an HDMI out, plus another usb-c for charging.

that will give you audio in over usb, so any newer elektron, or sp404 sorta thing…

or straight up, you can have your device listen with the built-in mic and react that way.

thank you so much for taking the time to answer!!!

curious to know if mezzz and vidOS ships with any presets already baked in?

and i’ll have to do some digging around for a solution to get my whole mix into a dongle via an audio cable of some sort…

thanks again!

Heya no problem.

As of right now, no presets for vidOS, but it’s coming. Even without presets, vidOS is incredibly fun to explore. Lots of parameters to get lost in.

1 Like

next version of vidOS will contain 9 factory presets and we will probably add more in the future

1 Like