HDMI Audio Embedder

So I just got my intellijel palette and pams and sent hypno up to my 85” TV and it was fucking awesome. I’m not planning on putting much audio on my VJ case, just a 2hp oscillator and maybe a tiny reverb, but it would be handy to be able to output some audio with my video. I’ve seen various HDMI embedders (take HDMI and a 3.5mm stereo in and output HDMI), has anyone tried one with Hypno? Im hoping I can pull the guts out of the converter and turn it into a small module.

It’d be amazing to have a single HDMI port that blasted video through the TV and then audio through the soundbar / sub.

2 Likes

Wow, this is a great idea. I have never used an HDMI audio embedder but I am interested to see where this goes.

You can definitely make one but I went ahead and bought this module for $50 off tindie. https://www.tindie.com/products/tymkrs/tymkrs-a2h-eurorack-module/

Just by chance, I’m actually about try the audio embedding right now. I’ve only ever used it for video conversion. I’ll let you know how it goes!

5 Likes

:pray: Thank you for that link! That maker has H2A and A2H modules both, and for cheap.

I’ve got an HDMI video mixer (Roland V-1HD) that does the job for me because I’m working with camera input as well, but it may be overkill for many.

1 Like

It says it works with line level outputs - but will it work with eurorack level outputs?