Framerate VidOS slow after update

Hi there- just want to say congratulations on VidOS - wonderful app that creates some really unique visuals.

I don’t have a mezzz (yet- as not available in UK) so have been using via other controllers but mostly another iPhone. VidOS is running on IPad Air 5th gen os version 17.6

With the most recent update I have noticed the frame rate has become laggy/slow. Is there some optimisation that needs to be done in future updates or is there a way I could change resolution to speed things up?

Thank you- really appreciate the work you all do!

Hi there,

in the last update, some “smoothing” was added to the parameters, which in it’s default state may cause vidOS to appear a lil laggier than usual. feel free to hop in the menu and adjust “global knob smoothing” as needed.

and if the animations are extra crisp, but the frame rate is still lagging, try adjusting the “engine resolution scale” to best suite your hardware, as it varies from generation to generation…

1 Like

Thank you- good to know the settings can be changed - quick question- can the global settings only be bought up with a mezzz? Thanks again!

I have gone through this post which definitely helped me out a lot as a new member I am looking forward for more such discussions.

Would it be possible to set smoothing to zero for initial patches?

Not sure what you mean by this since it simply saves the last used setting globally, the smoothing is not saved per patch