Black Magic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt - Settings

Hi,

I purchased a Black Magic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt to capture the HDMI output of the Hypno into OBS. The component input works fine, but the I’ve not had success with the HDMI input to the Shuttle. I did some research and discovered the Intensity Shuttle is very finicky about settings. I’m a noob to video, so I’m shooting in the dark, trying to find the correct setup.

Does anyone use the Intensity Shuttle HDMI Input with Hypno? If so, could you share what settings you used in OBS (or any other software)?

Hi,
Yea, you’ve encountered a very common issue here. The HDMI input is often quite useless for video synth stuff, think it only works with Blackmagic Cameras if I’m not mistaken. However, the shuttle has been my main capture device for the LZX video synth stuff, and nothing more. So if you’ve got newer gen3 or anything with component, you’ll be fine there.

However, if you want to capture Hypno’s output. Best to get one of those cheap $10 hdmi usb captures as seen in this video: https://youtu.be/NDmuRfJRp7g